Monday, November 19, 2012

...from back cover

(I found this poem scribbled illegibly  on backcover of my old notepad. I wasn't sure if I wrote it. If I said no, it was on my notepad which is always in my drawer. If I said yes, I wouldn't like to be responsible for the handwriting. It would put many people of my time to shame.)

.....it's my love
so it is named  suffering.

...it is your indifference
so you name it  with coldness.

...and again it is my love
so I don't need anything in return.


5 comments:

  1. Achila, I think you wrote this couplet when you were in hospital in Phuentsholing.I remember reading it once. I knew it would come out one day.

    Nisho

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poem in simple words is pure and sublime. I hope to see it someday in print.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nisho, thank you for refreshing my memories and thank you Susan. I hope it will find way into the hearts of millions.

      Delete
  3. This poem takes me back to 24th August nightmare. I can still recall that blankness we went through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot the blankness but remember the pain now. Maybe that was the darkest day for me because after that things changed. I am grateful for life.

      Delete